Welcome to our junk removal recycling page.
Our company will assist you in recycling all the items you need disposed of and nothing will go to waste. We live in times when people are starting to realize the limits of uncontrolled consumerism and the benefits of recycling. We are very familiar with the recycling landscape and we will be more than happy to give you advice on what you can recycle or let us recycle for you. This page will provide you with the information you need regarding the recycling industry in Vancouver.
Why do we recycle?
It is quite simple. The number one reason we recycle is the fact that it makes us feel good. It is actually not hard to get our stuff excited about recycling. Somehow this is very natural to most people once they are armed with the knowledge of what and how to recycle. It is similar to the feeling we get when we find a treasure. The other reason we recycle is because it is actually highly regulated business. The city of Vancouver has some very strict by-laws regarding this industry and the fines are pretty high for throwing recyclable materials in the landfill.
What do we recycle?
- Cardboard – corrugated cardboard is recycled by our company. The cardboard has to be flattened since the recycling facilities have this requirement. This way you can also put lots more on our truck.
- Paper – We take all paper
- Bottles – If you don’t feel like taking them to the bottle depot and make some money in the process, we will do it for you.
- Electronics – Electronics have circuit boards with poisonous chemicals in them and those cannot end up in the city garbage. It is really bad for the environment of British Columbia. Actually, anything that has power cord is not acceptable by the bottle depot as an electronic and not allowed at the dump. If you have the means to take it to the recycling facility, you can do it yourself but we will be more than happy to do it for you.
- Drywall – This type of material is reused and the fees are almost double for disposing it.
- Mattress or/and Box spring – The metal and fabric is reused.
- Metal – Aluminum, steal, copper, brass, you name it, we pick it up.
- Large appliances – Refrigerator, Washer, Dryer.
Yes, we recycling furniture. It really depends on the quality your furniture. We donate it to charities or friends of the company. It is especially easy to donate antique furniture. Mattress and box spring are almost impossible to get rid of since most charities are afraid of bed bugs.
How much does it cost to recycle?
Rates are the same as the junk removal rates. In some cases we save on the dumping fees but this usually adds to our labour cost and therefore we have to charge the same as if we are picking up rubbish.